AWS Containers - Run Tasks
Note: this costs money
Create a task in ECS to launch in Fargate.
The task itself can be a sample app.
- Go to Elastic Container Service page
- Click on “Get Started”
- Choose “sample-app”
- Verify it’s using Farget and not ECS (EC2 Instance) and click on “Next”
- Select “None” in Load balancer type and click on “Next”
- Insert cluster name (e.g. my_cluster) and click on “Next”
- Review everything and click on “Create”
Wait for everything to complete
Go to clusters page and check the status of the task (it will take a couple of seconds/minutes before changing to “Running”)
- Click on the task and you’ll see the launch type is Fargate