Run, Forest, Run!
Learn what restart policies do and how to use them
Make sure Docker is installed on your system and the service is started
rpm -qa | grep docker
systemctl status docker
- Run a container with the following properties:
- image: alpine
- name: forest
- restart policy: always
- command to execute: sleep 15
docker container ls - Is the container running? What about after 15 seconds, is it still running? why?
- How then can we stop the container from running?
- Remove the container you’ve created
- Run the same container again but this time with
sleep 600 and verify it runs
- Restart the Docker service. Is the container still running? why?
- Update the policy to
- Stop the container
- Restart the Docker service. Is the container running? why?